Monday, January 19, 2015

Hotels Be Gone

When we began our search for a place to stay during our trip to Phoenix, we quickly found out it was not going to be an easy process.

A) We are guaranteed to be there for at least two weeks due to ICPC laws (look it up). Could be quicker, could be longer, but all professional peeps that do this every day say bank on two weeks. 

B) ICWA laws (look it up). We're banking on three weeks. 

C) Superbowl the same weekend of FM's due date. (Go Hawks). 

D) Do we want to stay in a hotel for possibly three weeks? No kitchen or kitchenette unless you get a suite and from what we found the Extended Stays in the area were not suitable for our needs. Don't even get me started on the racket that is valet parking at hotels. And then to park yourself you STILL have to pay for off-site parking, I told you, don't get me started. 

We just so happened to be at the Pub one night, which is so weird because we are NEVER there. This cute, funny, genius bartender, I think her name is Cameron recommended Airbnb.

Turns out, Cameron and her best friend Blair are published authors. You can pre-order their book, My Old Kentucky Road Trip: Historic Destinations and Natural Wonders on Amazon now. (not that we love and consider the staff at The Pub as our family, because we never go there. Ever.)

How cute are they?!?

Annnnywho...

After three and a half hours of searching and emailing different people and houses on Airbnb, we found a beautiful guest house that fits our basic needs and our price. Flora, the owner of the house has been an absolute dream to work with. Not only is she letting us stay in her guest house, she is truly excited to share in our journey. One that will be filled with nothing but joy, laughter and well, you know there's going to be some stories. I mean come on, it's a 380 square foot house, a newborn and the possibility of only an outdoor shower. I just discovered that last part out today, it's okay, it's an adventure, we got this!!!


If things get a little stressful, we will take a walk through the rock labyrinth (look it up), which I am SUPER excited about.



Well, that's it for today. I'll share some more good news with you in a couple of days. We leave in SIX days!!

P.S. Looks like I have given you all a little homework with all the "look it ups." If you don't feel like looking it up or care...then just go watch The Labyrinth movie with David Bowie, it's soooooo good!!!! 

Cheers 
HK and Jess






2 comments:

  1. You gals are adorbs! Can't wait for us to meet Shane too!! Have a safe trip and try not to get lost in that rock labyrinth : )

    Heather - I'm a friend of Jess' and we haven't ever met, but I'm a TC all-the-way grad and was in class with your brother, I love that you are honoring his memory with your Shane! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, how cool. I'm guessing your mother is Pat, whom I work with at the hospital. Thank you so much for this comment, totally made me smile. What a small world. <3

    ReplyDelete